Job Title: Office Manager At Hillcrest Church
Supervised by: Senior Minister and Trustees
Hours: Part-time 20-25 hours per wk. Typically in office M-F 9-12; work from home available
Compensation: $22-25/hr. depending on experience
The Church: Hillcrest is a progressive and Open and Affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Office Duties: Manage all general church office tasks, respond to phone and e-mail inquiries, distribute mail, maintain master calendar, coordinate congregational mailings and e-mailings, coordinate/create/send monthly Newsletter (via email, with limited printed copies to be mailed); coordinate office volunteers; assist with Financial Secretary’s duties as required, and assist registrar in maintaining membership database and records. Order office, kitchen, janitorial supplies, and supplies requested for the ministries of the church (such as Sunday School materials, candles, etc.). Organize and maintain church paper and electronic filing systems. Stay current on postal requirements for outgoing mail.
2. Administrative Support: Provide administrative support to Pastor(s) and Committees as needed, including assisting Pastor(s) and church committees with social media platforms and website, and assisting Outreach (Social Service) Ministries with office pick-ups/drop-offs of donations of food and clothing. Attend routine staff meetings.
3. Worship Service Duties: Prepare worship bulletins and other documents as needed (includes proofreading and creating/editing weekly and special service bulletins); coordinate with worship leaders, worship volunteers (liturgists, ushers, flower suppliers, etc.), and music staff.
4. Facilities Management: Coordinate facilities use by church programs and outside groups including issuing/returning of keys and deposits, assuring that policies are being followed, scheduling, and providing necessary communications; assist Financial Secretary with tracking, payments and deposits; coordinate with Trustees’ Buildings Coordinator re: facilities, maintenance/repairs and landscape/maintenance issues; provide custodial services oversight; coordinate maintenance/landscape employee(s), volunteers and contractors.
- Experience managing a small office and ability to work remotely part-time or as needed.
- Proficient in current office computers and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher), Google tools and drive storage of electronic files. Ability to maintain simple databases of membership records. Experience making flyers and newsletters. Familiarity with email distribution platforms; “Constant Contact,” preferred.
- Knowledge of social media and simple web tools for posting and maintaining Facebook, Instagram, Zoom and YouTube accounts. Skills at updating websites are desirable but not required—must be able to learn.
- Ability to organize and prioritize one’s own work and work independently, balancing multiple projects and tasks and still meet deadlines
- Ability to work together with a diverse group of staff and volunteers with a professional demeanor, using excellent communication skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- A welcoming and constructive presence for visitors, volunteers, members & friends. Flexibility, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor are desirable attributes..
- Some bookkeeping experience desirable, but not required.
- Successfully complete criminal background check.
- High school diploma; college graduate desirable.
- Fluent in English; ability to speak Spanish desirable.
Submit a cover letter/statement and Resume including names of three references with their contact information, by email to Hillcrestucc@att.net.